Online food order system
Food Order System is to develop a system for a Hotel in which its customers can order online for recipes from anywhere. The system will help the users in displaying the list of recipes items available in that restaurant along with the offers available for those recipes items. The system will also display the images of the recipes items along with the list of items. The accessibility to the system in the restaurant will be given to the Administrator with the user name and password.Provides option to the customers to order food online via internet. Users can select items from a wide range of menu. Items will be added to the cart, which can be reviewed and finalized at the time of submitting order. Ordered items can also be deleted. Option given to customer to pay the bill separately for the items which he/she orders, with this option this application can be easily integrated with any existing hotel administration software.
- For ordering food, either user has to go to the restaurant manually or by making a telephone call
- Hence the existing process is a time consuming process.
- In case if additional ordering has to be done, it’s an additional overhead again.
- In order to issues in existing system, the current application is being developed, which will enhance the activities and performances of the hotel food ordering thus reduces the time taken to order the food.
- Besides that, information can be store and retrieve easily from computer database if everything is computerizing by this proposed system.
HOTEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Hotel Management Systemhave tried to show how the Data/information in hotels is managed. This is just an overview of management in hotels. This has been achieved by dividing the project into various modules. Customer is provided with different services like checking in, checking out, and editing entries or can be advance payments etc. If the customer wants he/she can cancel his/her booking. Enquiry about any customer or employee can be made either by customer Id or customer name. Enquiry about rooms available can also be made. Our project also includes the module for employee information. It will generate reports for customer, employees (working in the hotel) and Bill for customer is generated when the customer will check out from the hotel. We have included only few modules, as our purpose is to only have the idea or to study about how the management is done in hotels. By adding many more modules this type of project can have scope in various hotels. After going thought the existing system, problem was identified and the scope of development was finalized.
- It is limited to a single system.
- It is less user-friendly.
- It is having lots of manual work (Manual system does not mean that you are working with pen and paper, it also include working on spread sheets and other simple software’s).
- The present system is very less secure.
- It is unable to generate different kinds of report.
- It doesn’t have the mail and file upload feature.
- More human power
- More strength and strain of manual labor needed
- Repetition of same procedure.
- Low security.
- Data redundancy.
- Difficulty to handle.
- Difficulty to update data. Record keeping is difficult.
- Backup data can be easily generated.
The development of the new system contains the following activities, which try to automate the entire process keeping in view of the database integration approach.
- User friendliness is provided in the application with various controls.
- The system makes the overall project management much easier and flexible.
- It can be accessed over the Internet.
- Various classes have been used to provide file upload and mail features.
- There is no risk of data mismanagement at any level while the project development is under process.
- Report generation feature is provided using Crystal Reports to generate different kinds of reports like bar graphs, pie charts and table type charts etc.It provides high level of security using different protocols like https etc.